httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Leo <...@secline.com.br>
Subject Re: Stealing Context Filter Error
Date Mon, 08 Aug 2005 16:41:04 GMT

Joe Schaefer wrote:
> Joe Schaefer <joe+gmane@sunstarsys.com> writes:
>

>>Leo Cambilargiu <lcam@globo.com> writes:
>>

>>>When performing an internal_redirect after processing some POST data I
>>>an error 500 and the following two lines in my error_log:
>>>
>>>[Sun Aug 07 23:46:26 2005] [debug] mod_apreq2.c(510): [client
>>>192.168.0.153] stealing filter context, referer:
>>>http://crm.private.nwk/op/Logon
>>>[Sun Aug 07 23:46:26 2005] [error] [client 192.168.0.153] Setting
>>>already configured, referer: http://crm.private.nwk/op/Logon
>>
>>The message is a bit cryptic, but I guess what's happening is that
>>you're using TEMP_DIR in two different sections of your code (one on
>>the main request, the other in the redirect).  That's how the
>>"Setting already configured" error arises.  Not sure what the right
>>fix for this is.
>

 > OTOH, what you could do is trap that exception in your calls to
 > Apache2::Request->new and call it again without setting TEMP_DIR.

Problem solved. :)

The POST parameters appear available after redirection; I don't think that
should hurt anything.

In my app, redirection is used to control program flow between the various
operation units (perl modules).  I've never relied on POST parameters after
such redirection however now with this can of worms is open I might as well ask.

May I rely on POSTed data (file upload etc) to be maintained across
internal_redirections?  Or is this something that may change?

Leo