httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <joe+gm...@sunstarsys.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r215984 - in /httpd/apreq/trunk: ./ module/apache/ module/apache2/
Date Tue, 12 Jul 2005 18:23:47 GMT
"Philip M. Gollucci" <pgollucci@p6m7g8.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I followed most of that:
>
> What does this do +
> +    ap_add_version_component(p, apr_psprintf(p,
> +                                             "mod_apreq2-%d/%s",
> +                                             APREQ_APACHE2_MMN,
> +                                             APREQ_VERSION_STRING));
>

> Whats the point of adding an apache module magic number to our banner
> string ?

The only reason I like adding the banner string is that it makes
getting the version info easier for users.  Since there are two
components we care about (mod_apreq2 and libapreq2), it makes
sense to list them both somehow.

In fact, what I'm going to do is change that code to grab the
library version number at runtime.  That's more useful info.

--
Joe Schaefer