httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Jeffrey Horner <jeff.hor...@vanderbilt.edu>
Subject On distributing libapreq2
Date Wed, 13 Jul 2005 15:27:47 GMT
Okay, I'm to the part where I've identified the functionality of
libapreq2 (proper, just the library without mod_apreq2) that I want to
use in my apache2 module (mod_R, R is the statistical language). Now
I've got to solve distribution of my module with libapreq2, and I'd like
to get your input.

I could distribute the whole source package with mod_R, build it and
install just libapreq2.os.*. This seems the simplest, but folks who
already have libapreq2 installed AND in use will run into problems.

I could add the libapreq2 objects to my mod_R shared library upon
install, but wouldn't folks who already have a version of libapreq2
installed and in use still have problems, multiply defined symbols and
whatnot?

Any other options? I sure hope the apache httpd project integrates
libapreq2 soon so I won't have to worry about this...

Thanks,
--
Jeffrey Horner       Computer Systems Analyst         School of Medicine
615-322-8606         Department of Biostatistics   Vanderbilt University