httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From "Philip M. Gollucci" <pgollu...@p6m7g8.com>
Subject Freebsd / autotools
Date Sat, 09 Jul 2005 07:22:01 GMT
All,

on FreeBSD 6-CURRENT and 5.x-RELEASE

This does not build due to a autoconf253 bug; you must upgrade to
autoconf259.  I know this is true for 2.0.6-dev I haven't tried
2.0.5-dev. Hopefully the rest of this list/community won't waste 6 hours
tracking this down.

The CXX tag is misued:
,/configure [snip]
[snip]
appending configuration tag "CXX" to libtool
checking for ld used by g++... /usr/bin/ld
checking if the linker (/usr/bin/ld) is GNU ld... yes
checking whether the g++ linker (/usr/bin/ld) supports shared
libraries... yes
checking for g++ option to produce PIC... -fPIC
checking if g++ PIC flag -fPIC works... yes
checking if g++ supports -c -o file.o... yes
checking whether the g++ linker (/usr/bin/ld) supports shared
libraries... yes
checking dynamic linker characteristics... freebsd5.4 ld.so

************* configure error: CXX tag already exist *****************
FAIL

--
END