httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Jeffrey Horner <jeff.hor...@vanderbilt.edu>
Subject Re: Generated spool file okay to copy after parse?
Date Fri, 08 Jul 2005 15:28:42 GMT
Joe Schaefer wrote:
[...]
> Certainly doable, but I think it'd be overkill.  We deal with these
> exact same issues (by cheating and peeking at the spool bucket
> implementation) in the perl glue, so having a common C API makes the
> most sense to me.

I don't claim expertise at understanding the Perl glue, but you might
have a bug on your hands for the Apache2::Params::upload_link()
function. If the brigade limit was set during parsing such that a file
upload brigade contained heap buckets and a spool bucket at the end,
then upload_link() looks like it may just copy the spool bucket,
ignoring the heap buckets.

Regardless, since libapreq already exposes the spool bucket file via the
api call apreq_brigade_spoolfile(), plus the fact the the Perl glue uses
it, I think it's a safe bet that the api will support some sort of
access to the tmp file created in the future.

--
Jeffrey Horner       Computer Systems Analyst         School of Medicine
615-322-8606         Department of Biostatistics   Vanderbilt University