httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <joe+gm...@sunstarsys.com>
Subject Re: Massive leak in Apache2::Upload?
Date Fri, 10 Jun 2005 18:00:52 GMT
Markus Wichitill <mawic@gmx.de> writes:

> Ville Skyttรค wrote:
>>>WAG: see if this patch helps any
>> Nope, no difference at all :(  I _did_ get the files in /tmp using your
>> earlier debugging patch; was this supposed to change that somehow
>> (didn't test with it now), or was it a WAG at fixing the original
>> reported problem?
>
> Doesn't fix the original problem for me either.

Thanks.  What's troubling me though is that while both you and Ville
are seeing the leak, you're not reporting consistent behavior with
the tempfile creation.  So although we know it's the prefetch
code that's gobbling up memory (since calling discard_request_body fixes
the leak), I really don't know where to look for it.  I'd really like
to fix this sometime soon, so we can start the 2.06 candidates...

--
Joe Schaefer