httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <joe+gm...@sunstarsys.com>
Subject Re: Massive leak in Apache2::Upload?
Date Wed, 15 Jun 2005 14:45:43 GMT
Markus Wichitill <mawic@gmx.de> writes:

> FWIW, with or without the last patch, my one Perl
> interpreter thread seems to grow the size of the upload
> only twice, e.g with a file of  10MB I get:
>
> No upload: 14MB
> 1. upload: 24MB
> 2. upload: 24MB
> 3. upload: 34MB
> 4. upload: 34MB
> n. upload: 34MB

Interesting.  I'm still having a little trouble reproducing it,
although I do see some wierd stuff happening in /tmp during the
upload.  Let me ask you guys my original question in another way:
while monitoring the process, would you say that the process size
grows gradually during the actual network IO, or does it jump
suddenly right after the network IO completes?

--
Joe Schaefer