httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Markus Wichitill <ma...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Massive leak in Apache2::Upload?
Date Fri, 10 Jun 2005 21:45:38 GMT
Joe Schaefer wrote:
>>Thanks.  What's troubling me though is that while both you and Ville
>>are seeing the leak, you're not reporting consistent behavior with
>>the tempfile creation.

Well, if one of us screwed up, it would have to be me, so I repeated the
first patch test, and now I get tempfiles, too. I think I didn't actually
"make test" the last time, but just uploads in my app. To make up for lost
time, I get six files, though:

-rw-------   1 nobody nobody 500039 Jun 10 23:28 apreqIYDo8Q
-rw-------   1 nobody nobody 500024 Jun 10 23:28 apreqIdnCg3
-rw-------   1 nobody nobody 500039 Jun 10 23:28 apreqJQRtVu
-rw-------   1 nobody nobody 500039 Jun 10 23:28 apreqORx4CF
-rw-------   1 nobody nobody 500024 Jun 10 23:28 apreqR10Owy
-rw-------   1 nobody nobody 500039 Jun 10 23:28 apreqsuTtGu

> WAG #2: please test (yeah or nay) with this patch. This fixes at least
> one corner case bug, but I don't know if it plugs your leak as well.

Nay.

FWIW, with or without the last patch, my one Perl interpreter thread seems
to grow the size of the upload only twice, e.g with a file of 10MB I get:

No upload: 14MB
1. upload: 24MB
2. upload: 24MB
3. upload: 34MB