httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Randy Kobes <ra...@theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca>
Subject PAUSE indexer problems
Date Wed, 18 May 2005 16:08:15 GMT
Regarding the TODO item in STATUS:

    - Sadly, the PAUSE indexer still doesn't speak META.yml.  We need
      to find a way to get the APR::Request* packages indexed (with
      proper version numbers), and prevent the indexer from inspecting
      the supporting modules in */t, and glue/perl/xsbuilder/tables.

I think the problem with not recognizing the APR::Request*
packages is that the .pm files found under
glue/perl/xsbuilder/APR/Request are skeletons, and hence
don't contain a 'package' declaration, which I believe the
PAUSE indexer looks for when parsing a file. What might work
is supplying, like mod_perl-2 does, a
APR::Request::DummyVersions module that just contains

package APR::Request
$APR::Request::VERSION = xxx

package APR::Request::CGI
$APR::Request::CGI::VERSION = xxx

etc.

As for getting PAUSE to ignore packages, I think adding
no_index:
   file:
       - whatever/file.pm
       - whatever/file2.pm
   package:
       - another::package
       - another::package2
to META.yml would work.

I could work on adding these two things, if desired.

--
best regards,
randy