httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <joe+gm...@sunstarsys.com>
Subject Re: Apache2::Cookie::Jar->cookies($key) doesn't work anymore?
Date Tue, 24 May 2005 17:20:22 GMT
Simon Perreault <nomis80@lqt.ca> writes:

> Re-hi,
>
> I've come to realize that I, as a user of libapreq, shouldn't be
> playing with APR::* classes, but with the Apache2::* classes instead.

No, you shouldn't do that, because the APR::* classes will be the
ones we recommend nowadays.  We debated whether to chuck the Apache2::*
classes entirely, but we left them in for back-compat reasons.
It doesn't surprise me that we broke lots of stuff in the
Apache2::* APIs with 2.05-dev, but we consider most of those
breakages as bugs to fix.

> I'll try to ask my question in as general a way as possible so as not
> to get into things that are way over my head.
>
> Apache2::Cookie::Jar->cookies($key) doesn't seem to work anymore in 2.05.

Nope, and that's another bug I suppose (although I
don't think cookies() was ever intended to be a class
method).

--
Joe Schaefer