httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Eli Marmor <mar...@netmask.it>
Subject Re: libapreq2-2.05-dev-rc2 release candidate #2
Date Thu, 05 May 2005 12:23:43 GMT
Joe Schaefer wrote:

> Randy Kobes <randy@theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca> writes:

> Just rolled trunk as 2.05-dev to-be.  Committers please
> put some +1s down for this tarball + signature so I can
> announce the release tomorrow.  Thanks!
>
>     http://people.apache.org/~joes/libapreq2-2.05-dev.tar.gz
>     http://people.apache.org/~joes/libapreq2-2.05-dev.tar.gz.asc

I apologize if some of the following points were already discussed, but
I don't follow ALL the threads here, so I probably missed them:

1. Thanks for your great work!

2. "INSTALL" mentions files/directories which don't exist anymore. For
   example: the "src" and "env" directories (instead of "library" etc.)
   I think the problem exists in other files, so a global grep might be
   helpful.

3. Still no chance to run configure without the flags --with-apr-config
   and --with-apu-config (I tried it with a lot of Apache versions,
   from the earliest 2.1, till the current trunk. My OS is Mandrake
   8.1, but accessorized with the latest compilers, autoconf, etc.).

4. configure fails to find Apache/Test.pm in the @INC (Perl 5.6.1); Is
   a newer version of Perl is needed?

5. configure complains that "expr: syntax error"; Is it OK, or hints
   about a problem?

6. make complains that "libtool: link: CURRENT `' is not a nonnegative
   integer" and that "libtool: link: `:0:1' is not valid version
   information".

7. After commenting out the -version-info and its following arg in
   library/Makefile.in (to skip the previous problem), "make" succeeds,
   but then "make test" can't locate Apache/TestMM.pm in @INC (similar
   to problem #4).

8. Then "make install" doesn't understand the exact name of the module,
   which leads to strange complains like (in my own file system):
make[4]: *** No rule to make target
`modules/filters/libmod_/mnt/disk/c2/libapreq2-2.05-dev/module/apache2/filter.c.la',
needed by `httpd'.  Stop.

9. There were more problems, in later phases (the running), but let's
   guess that they were the result of the above problems and ignore
   them for the moment.

After bypassing all of that, I succeeded to use it, so I can witness
that it's great, but hope that my comments will help to improve it even
further.

Thanks,
--
Eli Marmor