httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Randy Kobes <ra...@theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca>
Subject Re: towards a 2.05-dev release
Date Sun, 24 Apr 2005 01:49:23 GMT
On Sat, 23 Apr 2005, Joe Schaefer wrote:

> I just rolled a snapshot from trunk:
>
>   http://people.apache.org/~joes/libapreq2-2.05.dev.tar.gz
>
> It's still a rough tarball, but please give it a spin.

Builds and tests fine for me on Win32 (ActivePerl 811).

> Here's what I think our goals should be for the 2.05-dev
> release
>
>        1) document just the 3 renamed Apache2::* modules,
>        2) index them correctly on CPAN.
>
> IMO the APR::Request::* stuff can stabilize in the 2.06 (non-dev!)
> release, so we don't need to document those right now.
>
> I could use some help with the two issues above though,
> especially (2).

Related to (1), I see that you've updated the existing docs
to use Apache2. I've been looking at the docs/tests under
glue/perl/docs/ - are getting them working something you
think should be done as soon as possible? If so, I take it
they should be tested via CGI? And should the Error.pod
and Table.pod in glue/perl/docs/ be similarly updated?

As for (2), there isn't currently an Apache2::Request,
Apache2::Cookie, nor Apache2::Upload on CPAN, so I think
that, once the CPAN libapreq2 is not marked as a development
version, the PAUSE indexer should pick these up, in
principle. There may be some subtelties with the
non-conventional directory structure in libapreq2, but PAUSE
now understands the "provides" field of META.yml, listing
what is provided by the distribution, which should help.

--
best regards,
randy