httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Randy Kobes <ra...@theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca>
Subject Re: [multi-env] perl glue status
Date Sat, 09 Apr 2005 14:54:58 GMT
On Sat, 9 Apr 2005, Markus Wichitill wrote:

> Joe Schaefer wrote:
> > Not necessarily; we could backport apreq2 to mp1 and make your
> > conditional look something like this
>
> I'm less concerned about the conditional code, which is
> needed in lots of other places anyway, but more about the
> apreq2 API. That $body->param_class('APR::Request::Param')
> business just isn't very elegant, if it's indeed meant to
> be the final API for this purpose.

Perhaps apreq2 could provide a ::compat module, in the
spirit of mod_perl-2's Apache2::compat, to provide
a compatibility layer?

> > Then you can just forget about apreq1/Apache::Request, and use
> > apreq2/APR::Request everywhere.  Of course mp2 will be a prereq
> > because we need some of the APR:: modules, but that shouldn't
> > be a problem now, because mp2 renamed their apis to allow parallel
> > installation of mp1+mp2.
>
> I doubt that any of my users will ever have such a setup,
> so I'll have to continue support for plain mp1+apreq1.

It's been mentioned a couple of times on the mod_perl-2 list
that, down the road, it might be an idea to split the APR::*
modules out from mp2, as they in principle work
independently of mp2. Perhaps, after things settle down on
the mp2 side, we could look at this again.

--
best regards,
randy