httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <joe+gm...@sunstarsys.com>
Subject Re: [multi-env] perl glue status
Date Sat, 09 Apr 2005 14:10:35 GMT
Markus Wichitill <mawic@gmx.de> writes:

> I'm less concerned about the conditional code, which is
> needed in lots of other places anyway, but more about the
> apreq2 API. That $body->param_class('APR::Request::Param')
> business just isn't very elegant, if it's indeed meant to be
> the final API for this purpose.

It probably is, because that's a better reflection of how the
C API is designed (and the only alternatives I could think of
involve overloading "", which is a massive performance hit).

I don't mind providing Apache2::Request etc, but what concerns
me about that is: what should we do with $req->args?  IMO
$req->args must be Apache2::RequestRec::args iff $req isa
Apache2::RequestRec, but it must be APR::Request::args iff
$req isa APR::Request::Apache2.  So if somebody that's already
using apreq2's Apache::Request thinks they can just s/Apache/Apache2/g,
they're going to be in for a shock if they don't correct args()
also.

--
Joe Schaefer