httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <joe+apa...@sunstarsys.com>
Subject Re: towards a 2.05-dev release
Date Sun, 24 Apr 2005 02:13:27 GMT
Randy Kobes <randy@theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca> writes:

> On Sat, 23 Apr 2005, Joe Schaefer wrote:

[...]

>> Here's what I think our goals should be for the 2.05-dev
>> release
>>
>>        1) document just the 3 renamed Apache2::* modules,
>>        2) index them correctly on CPAN.
>>

> Related to (1), I see that you've updated the existing docs
> to use Apache2. I've been looking at the docs/tests under
> glue/perl/docs/ - are getting them working something you
> think should be done as soon as possible?

No, I've given up on having doc tests for Apache2::*,
since those modules will always require mp2. I do want
to have the doc tests for most of APR::Request::* though.
But those module docs still need to be written.

> As for (2), there isn't currently an Apache2::Request,
> Apache2::Cookie, nor Apache2::Upload on CPAN, so I think
> that, once the CPAN libapreq2 is not marked as a development
> version, the PAUSE indexer should pick these up, in
> principle. There may be some subtelties with the
> non-conventional directory structure in libapreq2, but PAUSE
> now understands the "provides" field of META.yml, listing
> what is provided by the distribution, which should help.

Cool, thanks.  What about the Makefile foo we talked about
for the cpan client?

--
Joe Schaefer