httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <joe+gm...@sunstarsys.com>
Subject Re: towards a 2.05-dev release
Date Sun, 24 Apr 2005 21:27:18 GMT
Joe Schaefer <joe+apache@sunstarsys.com> writes:

> Randy Kobes <randy@theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca> writes:

[...]

>> For unix, would it work to create a 'Makefile.am.in' (being the
>> current Makefile.am), and then have Makefile.PL create a Makefile.am
>> consisting of $makefile_front, followed by Makefile.am.in, and then
>> run ./configure?

Hmm, thinking about this some more... I think Makefile.am
is converted to Makefile.in during a ./buildconf run.  So
what you're proposing for unix (creating a Makefile.am.in)
may not be workable.

How about trying to generate the PREREQ_PM list from
buildconf?  We could modify Makefile.in after buildconf
executes build/xsbuilder, seeding it with values from
version_check, eg add to buildconf something like this:

  PREREQ_PM=`$perl build/version_check.pl --perl_prereq`
  echo "running cpan prereq fixups" &&
        perl -i -wpe "s/PREREQ_PM/$PREREQ_PM/" Makefile.in

and put the string "PREREQ_PM" in Makefile.am.  That'd
work for unix, but I don't know about the win32 build.

--
Joe Schaefer