httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <joe+gm...@sunstarsys.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Re: [multi-env] perl glue status
Date Thu, 14 Apr 2005 17:13:45 GMT
Jonathan Vanasco <jvanasco@mastersofbranding.com> writes:

> Can the perl glue be used outside of the mod_perl environment?

Hmm, looking at that upload() code, the only problem I see here
is with the $req->pool call in the last line.  We don't provide
an pool struct anymore, so that call's inherited from Apache2::RequestRec.

So I guess moving upload() across to APR::Request::upload() is
a no-go for now;  I'll just leave it where it is.

> If so, then I'm +1
>
> If not, would it be less confusing if it were
> Apache2::APR::Request::upload() ?

The other way, APR::Request::Apache2::upload(), might be possible;
but that'd require adding Apache2::RequestRec to @APR::Request::Apache2::ISA.
FWIW, I don't think that's a good idea, so unless upload() is 100%
portable IMO it should stay where it is.

--
Joe Schaefer