httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Joe Schaefer <joe+gm...@sunstarsys.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Re: [multi-env] perl glue status
Date Thu, 14 Apr 2005 19:08:30 GMT
Geoffrey Young <geoff@modperlcookbook.org> writes:

> Joe Schaefer wrote:
>> If the mod_perl team
>> rejects our Apache2::* modules after httpd has accepted 
>> the C API, that's when I'll favor dropping those.
>
> sorry for dropping in on the conversation at a very late date...
>
> what exactly might mod_perl reject?  using the Apache2:: namespace
> without being a core mp2 module?  I don't see a problem with that.

Me neither; I'm just trying to balance the decision-making
sequence so there's no pressure on any other communities to
make a hasty decision.  We're sort of in a bind here with 
the recent mp2 rename (our trunk is now defective, the 
multi-env branch ain't ready yet, and our prior releases 
don't work with mp2's latest candidate).  IOW, the pressure 
on *us* to release 2.05-dev has grown considerably now, but 
that shouldn't negatively impact *other* ASF communities.

-- 
Joe Schaefer


Mime
View raw message