httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <joe+gm...@sunstarsys.com>
Subject Re: [multi-env] perl glue status
Date Sat, 09 Apr 2005 01:50:15 GMT
Markus Wichitill <mawic@gmx.de> writes:

> Joe Schaefer wrote:
>> Instead of renaming, let's just toss Apache::Request and Apache::Cookie.  At
>> the moment they're just stupid perl
>> modules wrapping APR::Request::Apache2 and APR::Request::Cookie.
>> I think we're better off developing the APR::Request namespace instead of
>> just renaming the old Apache:: APIs to Apache2::.
>
> Does that by any chance mean that I have to write ugly code such as

[...]

> in my upload scripts? If that's the case, I'd rather keep the wrapper
> classes .

Not necessarily; we could backport apreq2 to mp1 and make your
conditional look something like this

  my $apreq_class = MP2 ? "APR::Request::Apache2" : "APR::Request::Apache";
  my $req = $apreq_class->new($r, ...);

Then you can just forget about apreq1/Apache::Request, and use
apreq2/APR::Request everywhere.  Of course mp2 will be a prereq
because we need some of the APR:: modules, but that shouldn't
be a problem now, because mp2 renamed their apis to allow parallel
installation of mp1+mp2.

I already put some apache1 backport code in multi-env/module/apache,
and I'm trying to figure out what to do with that.

--
Joe Schaefer