httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <joe+gm...@sunstarsys.com>
Subject Re: Apache::Cookies vs CGI::Cookies
Date Fri, 22 Apr 2005 21:37:34 GMT
Bram <perl@wizbit.be> writes:

[...]

> but then ofcourse there is the question what the default should
> be... if migrating from CGI::Cookie to Apache::Cookie/Apache2::Cookie
> should be as easy as possible then as_string should be the default...

+1 for using as_string() when the object is an Apache*::Cookie, and
       using value() when the object is an APR::Request::Cookie.

>> I'm seriously considering removing bake() and bake2() from the C API,
>> because that way I could also remove headers_out from the apreq_module API.
>> We'd still keep them as perl subs for Apache2::Cookie, but they just
>> wouldn't be portable to APR::Request::CGI anymore.  Any opinions?
>>

> That would be fine by me.

Cool, IMO they're just vestiges of the single-env crap.  I'm going to
remove both header_in and header_out from apreq_module_t, and also
chuck bake and bake2 from the C APIs.

--
Joe Schaefer