httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <joe+gm...@sunstarsys.com>
Subject Re: libapreq2-2.05-dev compile problem
Date Wed, 27 Apr 2005 12:28:22 GMT
Dan Brian <dan@brians.org> writes:

> parser.c:84: error: syntax error before '*' token
> parser.c:84: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
> *** Error code 1

Most likely: your apr doesn't have threads compiled in.

IMO we can do without the thread-locking code in apreq.  It's
probably overkill for us because the default_parsers hash
shouldn't be modified after the server forks for request handling. So
grabbing a read lock on each subsequent request is wasteful.

For mod_apreq2, I think we should have some API that just locks
the hash at the end of the post-config phase.  Unless someone
objects, that's what I'll use to replace the rwthread stuff.

--
Joe Schaefer