httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: Language bindings other that Perl
Date Fri, 08 Apr 2005 14:44:07 GMT
At 09:23 AM 4/8/2005, Jeffrey Horner wrote:
>Joe Schaefer wrote:
>[...]
>>The hope for apreq2 is/was to distribute it with the httpd server
>>itself (formally libapreq2 ~> libaprutil, mod_apreq2 ~> httpd module, glue code
-> mod_perl2), so all apache C modules would have a uniform way to access form-data.  Although
that hasn't panned out yet, I'm still optimistic that it might.

>Well, it seems to me that it should happen. What's holding back the progress?

Nothing, but to present as a patch to httpd/trunk/ and arguments
for its inclusion.

Arguments, if we streamed large response bodies to a file for the
benefit of all filters (either in addition or not to the individual
mime file streams) - this would permit large POST bodies to work
with SSL renegotiation.

Next argument - we can use apreq to parse the mod_autoindex query
string (and, accept these variables via form POST.)

Next argument - closer scrutiny and broader adoption.

I've started to dig into the code, but it will be some time before
I'm ready to present the patch for httpd-2.1-dev.  If someone else
beats me to this I will be very pleased to support it.

Bill