httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Markus Wichitill <ma...@gmx.de>
Subject New charset support breaks existing app charset/utf8 support
Date Sun, 17 Apr 2005 17:42:56 GMT
Hi,

after updating to yesterday's unstable branch, the existing UTF-8 support in
my application doesn't work anymore, which is probably since apreq2 does its
own decoding now, and decoding twice fails.

With no documentation yet, I don't know what exactly apreq does, but is
there a way to switch it all off? If there isn't, there probably should be,
since my app won't be the only one that's affected by this.

Also, apreq is probably wasting performance by doing more charset guessing
(?) than necessary for my app, which knows the charset/encoding, and
therefore only needs to call utf8::decode with no guessing when running in
UTF-8 mode, or simply does nothing if not running in UTF-8 mode.