httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Markus Wichitill <ma...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: [multi-env] perl glue status
Date Sat, 09 Apr 2005 12:05:28 GMT
Joe Schaefer wrote:
> Not necessarily; we could backport apreq2 to mp1 and make your
> conditional look something like this

I'm less concerned about the conditional code, which is needed in lots of
other places anyway, but more about the apreq2 API. That
$body->param_class('APR::Request::Param') business just isn't very elegant,
if it's indeed meant to be the final API for this purpose.

> Then you can just forget about apreq1/Apache::Request, and use
> apreq2/APR::Request everywhere.  Of course mp2 will be a prereq
> because we need some of the APR:: modules, but that shouldn't
> be a problem now, because mp2 renamed their apis to allow parallel
> installation of mp1+mp2.

I doubt that any of my users will ever have such a setup, so I'll have to
continue support for plain mp1+apreq1.