httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <joe+gm...@sunstarsys.com>
Subject Re: today's code review..
Date Wed, 16 Mar 2005 17:38:39 GMT
Joe Schaefer <joe+gmane@sunstarsys.com> writes:

[...]

> But beyond that, I'm not sure what we can do right now in apreq.
> The %uXXXX escapes are rare enough that I don't think we should
> adjust our decode-APIs around them.

FWIW, here's some food for thought:

      http://intertwingly.net/stories/2004/04/14/i18n.html

I have some rough ideas about how to incorporate this into the
url-decoding stuff, but nothing solid at the moment.  IMO the
XForms and WHATWG specs are essentially useless right now,
so I suggest we be either pursue a simple divination strategy
based on this document:

      all %-encodings are 7-bit ->  mark as APREQ_CHARSET_ASCII,
      some %-encoding is 8-bit -> divine the encoding, mark result
                                  as either iso-8859-1 or utf8.

--
Joe Schaefer