httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <joe+gm...@sunstarsys.com>
Subject Re: [multi-env] APR__Request__Param.h question
Date Sat, 05 Mar 2005 00:22:39 GMT
Randy Kobes <randy@theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca> writes:

[...]

> I'd agree with that - you've done some amazing things with
> ExtUtils::XSBuilder, but as things grow, it looks like
> vanilla XS would be easier.

Thanks.  XSBuilder is just a bad fit for a project
like this, where lots of context-specific glue needs
to be written.

> In the meantime, would something like the following
> (untested)
>    #ifdef WIN32
>    #define index strchr
>    #endif
> in glue/perl/xsbuilder/APR/Request/Param/Param.xs
> be OK?

index() isn't portable, so it was a bad workaround in the
first place.  My other suggestion, to parenthesize (strchr)
and add a comment, doesn't work on Win32?

Either way, these solutions are just temporary fixes
until we can do away with ExtUtils::XBuilder, so
anything you choose to commit will be fine with me.

--
Joe Schaefer