httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <joe+gm...@sunstarsys.com>
Subject Re: unicode
Date Thu, 17 Mar 2005 02:54:09 GMT
Max Kellermann <max@duempel.org> writes:

> On 2005/03/17 02:56, Stas Bekman <stas@stason.org> wrote:
>> >      all %-encodings are 7-bit ->  mark as APREQ_CHARSET_ASCII,
>> >      some %-encoding is 8-bit -> divine the encoding, mark result
>> >                                  as either iso-8859-1 or utf8.
>> >

>> What do you mean, Joe? To automatically convert any input to a
>> predefined format? Or do you mean something else?
>
> No, just to mark the value as "ASCII" or "UTF-8", and to let the
> application decide how to handle it. No conversion.

Yup, but there's one snafu here: AFAICT the windows-1252 encodings
must be mapped to utf8 (none of the 27 chars mentioned in Sam Ruby's
survival guide translate to iso-8859-1).  I'm not sure how we should
handle this, but two options seem obvious: translate that to utf8,
or add windows-1252 to our charset list.

--
Joe Schaefer