httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <joe+gm...@sunstarsys.com>
Subject Re: [multi-env] library/t/parsers.t on Win32
Date Fri, 11 Mar 2005 07:21:20 GMT
Randy Kobes <randy@theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca> writes:

[...]

> I forgot to mention - on linux, with gcc, splitting the
> functions off into a shared .so library, and then linking
> the main program against this library, makes no difference
> as far as comparing the pointers - they're still equal.

That's the main difference between ELF and Windows:
symbol resolution is either carried out by the shared
library (ELF), or by the linker (Windows).  One interesting
experiment would be to see what happens on each platform when
when you add some more functions to the library after the
application was built.  If you manage to alter the location
of the functions within the shared library,  the Windows
application won't see those address changes, but I think
you will see them on linux.

So +1 to skipping the locate_default_parsers tests on Windows,
since they appear to be ELF-dependent.

--
Joe Schaefer