httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <joe+gm...@sunstarsys.com>
Subject Re: [multi-env] APR__Request__Param.h question
Date Wed, 02 Mar 2005 12:24:22 GMT
Randy Kobes <randy@theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca> writes:

[...]

> As well, with VC++ index(), used in
>    glue/perl/xsbuilder/APR/Request/Param/Param.xs
> isn't available. Is strchr() equivalent?

Argh. For some reason the current set of build headers overrides
strchr with ap_strchr, which takes non-const args.  That's why
I chose index() instead of strchr() here, but index is a BSDism.

[...]

> -    if ((sc = index(ct, ';')))
> +    if ((sc = strchr(ct, ';')))

Writing it this way should avoid the ap_strchr override:

       /* Parens around strchr to prevent bogus ap_strchr override */
       if ((sc = (strchr)(ct, ';')))

If that works on Windows also, please commit.

--
Joe Schaefer