httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <joe+gm...@sunstarsys.com>
Subject Re: towards a 2.05 release
Date Wed, 09 Mar 2005 16:12:02 GMT
Max Kellermann <max@duempel.org> writes:

> On 2005/03/09 15:49, Eli Marmor <marmor@netmask.it> wrote:
>> Following the major patches, API changes, modifications and
>> improvements since 2.04, is it possible to release a pre-2.05 (or a
>> candidate to become 2.05) so we can start testing it and find bugs
>> or problems under specific platforms, environments and
>> configurations?
>
> I think we should rather push 2.05 through the door, finally.

Release a 2.05-dev soonish?  Sure, but the multi-env branch needs
to become trunk before that happens, and there are a few obstacles
which currently prevent that:

   1) sorting out the perl APIs:
      a)  Providing the missing Table/Upload/Error APIs.
      b)  Renaming Apache::Request -> Apache2::Request, etc.
      c)  Documenting the new APR::Request modules, and fixing the old docs.

   2) Cleaning up the C API docs, and getting doxygen to pull
      it all together properly (including the perl docs).

   3) Fix `make release`, and other CPAN-related build stuff.
      I'm not sure this actually needs to be done in the branch
      itself, but it is a regression when compared to trunk.

> What is left to do? I havn't taken time to work on libapreq in the
> last weeks... let's make a "code review" session in the next few days
> and collect ideas which should go into the stable API.

+1 for reviewing the C headers + documentation ASAP.  Anything
documentation that gets translated into the test suite would be
ideal.

> Joe, what is the status of the perl glue?

Should compile cleanly and test fairly well.  The current tests will
fail on the missing Upload APIs, and the table APIs are also missing
some functionality (notably do(), but I don't plan to provide set/add,
nor will we inherit from APR::Table).

--
Joe Schaefer