httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Markus Wichitill <ma...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Upload Question
Date Sat, 19 Mar 2005 14:15:19 GMT
jonathan vanasco wrote:
> On Mar 18, 2005, at 3:09 PM, Markus Wichitill wrote:
>> I stumbled over that a few years ago, too. apreq 1.x has the file
>> permissions hardcoded to 0600 and ignores the user's umask.
>
> Well, I'm using libapreq2 / Apache2 / mod_perl2 – so  I guess it's safe
> to say that behavior is still in there

You're right, I seem to only have tested it with small uploads, that are
written from memory and not copied/hardlinked from the spoolfile. The former
do use the umask.

While I wouldn't vote for changing the behaviour of apreq 1.x, since some
people might rely on the existing behaviour, this should probably be changed
for 2.x (with a little note in the docs). In any case, files of all sizes
should have consistent permissions.