httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From jonathan vanasco <jvana...@mastersofbranding.com>
Subject Re: Upload Question
Date Sat, 19 Mar 2005 04:22:47 GMT

On Mar 18, 2005, at 3:09 PM, Markus Wichitill wrote:

> I stumbled over that a few years ago, too. apreq 1.x has the file
> permissions hardcoded to 0600 and ignores the user's umask. Just keep
> the "chmod 0666 & ~umask(), $file" or whatever.

Well, I'm using libapreq2 / Apache2 / mod_perl2 – so  I guess it's safe
to say that behavior is still in there

Is this behavior by design, for some sort of security model?
If not, I'd like to wishlist some sort of  control of this -- either in
an apache directive, or using the active mod_perl umask or allowing a
chmod pref to be set into the  apache request object via mod_perl (in
much the same way that POST_MAX is set)