httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Randy Kobes <ra...@theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca>
Subject Re: [multi-env] illegal escape sequence
Date Fri, 18 Feb 2005 15:43:24 GMT
On Thu, 17 Feb 2005, Randy Kobes wrote:

> On Thu, 17 Feb 2005, Joe Schaefer wrote:
>
> > Randy Kobes <randy@theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca> writes:
> >
> > [...]
> >
> > > I see you just provided a Win32 workaround in cookie.c -
> >
> > Yup, no need to waste time on WinFU sillyness.
> > The string literals are inside the macros just
> > to produce better debug messages, which IMO isn't
> > worth this much attention.  If the problem persists
> > elsewhere, I suggest we just route around it with
> > something similar.

Just as a further note on this - I asked Steve Hay to check
out this problem with VC++ 7, and he found it gives the same
results as gcc. So it looks like it is a bug in VC++ 6
that's been fixed in 7. However, because ActiveState uses
VC++ 6 to compile Win32 ActivePerl, and since there's some
differences between 6 and 7 that affect users (different
run-time libraries, some incompatibilities in principle when
mixing), we still have to support VC++ 6.

--
best regards,
randy