httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Randy Kobes <ra...@theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca>
Subject Re: [multi-env] illegal escape sequence
Date Thu, 17 Feb 2005 19:24:30 GMT
On Thu, 17 Feb 2005, Joe Schaefer wrote:

> Nice work- so it chokes on the final escaped quote,
> right?

Yes, that's right - it seems to get the 1st escaped
quote right, but then messes up subsequent ones (and
it doesn't matter that in this case the final one
occurs at the end - moving it elsewhere produces the
same error).

> See what it does with a single, escaped quote
> char:
>
>     QUOTE_ME("\"")

That works OK.

> If it escapes that properly, you *might* be able to
> get somewhere by breaking the string literal into two
> pieces:
>
>     QUOTE_ME("domain=\"example.com" "\"")
>
> or
>
>    QUOTE_ME("domain=\"example.com") QUOTE_ME("\"")

That does change things, but I haven't found a combination
that works yet - I'll keep experimenting.

I tried this out with Borland's Win32 (free) compiler,
bcc32, and while it gets the escaped quotes right, it misses
the closing quote.

I see you just provided a Win32 workaround in cookie.c -
thanks!

--
best regards,
randy