httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <joe+gm...@sunstarsys.com>
Subject Re: deprecated attribute?
Date Sun, 06 Feb 2005 20:18:24 GMT
Max Kellermann <max@duempel.org> writes:

> I saw there are some compatibility macros in the header files, like
> apreq_make_table and apreq_make_cookie. What about marking them with
> the gcc deprecated attribute? (requires prior conversion to inline
> functions)

Looks useful, but I think it might be better to try to organize all
our library functions around a consistent naming/argument order
convention (we don't have one at the moment).  Then we can just drop
the wrong ones now, instead of polluting the official headers with aliases.

Personally I shouldn't be the one to develop that scheme, because I'm
never consistent about it.  I suppose those silly alias macros exist
mainly for my benefit ;-).  But if that reorganization doesn't pan out,
I'm +1 on the APREQ_DEPRECATED + gcc inlines.

--
Joe Schaefer