httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <joe+gm...@sunstarsys.com>
Subject Re: PATCH [multi-env]: inline functions, apreq_initialize()
Date Mon, 07 Feb 2005 22:25:07 GMT
Max Kellermann <max@duempel.org> writes:

> On 2005/02/07 20:46, Joe Schaefer <joe+gmane@sunstarsys.com> wrote:
>> I think we should just remove apreq_param_brigade.  The
>> general issue with exposing a bucket brigade is that
>> there are side effects which happen during file-bucket reads.
>> Users that want to read  data from the brigade should
>> make a copy of the brigade first, and then successively
>> read+delete the buckets.
>
> I don't understand that yet - how do you want users to access the
> upload contents? Only by installing an apreq_hook_t?

Both: I think people who write hooks want access to partial ,
but users that call body_get() only want the complete contents.
The distinction I drew in the mfd parser is that the a param cannot
be added to the body table until its contents have been completely
parsed (and all hooks approving of it).

[...]

> I'd suggest to make the target "all" build everything, including
> the tests. The user can enable or disable the test suite build with
> "--enable-test". What do you think?

Looks good.

--
Joe Schaefer