httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Max Kellermann <...@duempel.org>
Subject PATCH [multi-env]: inline functions, apreq_initialize()
Date Mon, 07 Feb 2005 12:40:39 GMT
more patches continuing my patch series of yesterday:

11-lowercase_functions.patch
- rename inline functions to lowercase (proposed by joes)

12-yet_more_inline_functions.patch
- also convert the apreq_cookie_t and apreq_param_t helper macros to
  inline functions
- repaired apreq_param_brigade which wouldn't compile (another
  advantage of inline functions - with macros, this wasn't even
  noticed)

13-add_apreq_initialize_thread_safety.patch
- add the function apreq_initialize() which must be called by an
  application exactly once; mod_apreq does that in its post_config
  handler
- that adds a proper cleanup (the default_parser_pool wasn't freed
  until now) and fixes thread-safety (documentation which mentions
  lack of it can be removed now)

things to be discussed:
- rename apreq.h to apreq_util.h? I find it confusing to include
  apreq.h and not to get any of the important libapreq2
  features. Maybe rename "apreq_env.h" to "apreq.h" then, because it
  provides the core features?

- it's standard to make the target "check" run the test routines; in
  libapreq2, "check" only builds the test programs and "test" runs
  them

- target "all" builds shared libraries only used by test programs, but
  does not build the test program itself; fix that?

- I still need to write code to test the subrequest handling in
  mod_apreq.

- move each parser into its own .c file?

- proper name for apreq_escape()/apreq_encode()?

- remove apreq_tables.c?

- rename apreq_env_handle_t to apreq_t?

- why does apreq_param_brigade make a copy of the brigade? should
  apreq_param_brigade check whether the parameter has been completely
  parsed?

Max