httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Max Kellermann <...@duempel.org>
Subject Re: PATCH [multi-env]: convert macros to inline functions
Date Sun, 06 Feb 2005 20:44:20 GMT
On 2005/02/06 21:31, Joe Schaefer <joe+gmane@sunstarsys.com> wrote:
> +1: lets lower-case them also.

ok. that would have been one of my next patches :)

> I don't know of any realistic way to make default_parsers
> thread-safe.  I think we should just expose an
> apreq_parser_initialize and let someone else worry about the
> thread-safety issue.  IMO there's really no good reason for an
> application to call apreq_register_parser() after server startup, so
> I don't think we need to worry about that.

Let's rather make a generic apreq_init(apr_pool_t*)
function. mod_apreq applications must not call this, and CGI or other
standalone applications must call this exactly once (put an assertion
on that). (is that a problem in the Perl glue?)

Passing an apr_pool_t* also enables us to clean up properly. After a
pool cleanup, apreq_init() may be called again.

Max