httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Max Kellermann <...@duempel.org>
Subject Re: obsolete functions?
Date Sun, 06 Feb 2005 17:24:51 GMT
On 2005/02/06 18:03, Joe Schaefer <joe+gmane@sunstarsys.com> wrote:
> > Why are both apreq_encode and apreq_escape exported?
>
> I disagree; we should just document the 3*length+1 figure for
> apreq_encode.  It's useful to have an encoding function that isn't
> tied to a pool allocator. For example, the perl glue uses
> apreq_encode to write the result directly to a perl SV.  Replacing
> that with apreq_escape would just be a waste of resources.

ok. now what confuses me is the different name which says nothing
about the real difference between the two functions. Do you think it's
worth a rename?

apreq_escape returns a casted apreq_value_t*, which is not
documented. I guess this bit is obsolete now.

Reading that code again, I rather think apreq_escape() can be dropped;
there is no real advantage in using them, except for saving one
apr_palloc() call. The same for apreq_unescape().

Max