httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From "Edward J. Sabol" <sa...@alderaan.gsfc.nasa.gov>
Subject Re: "make test" fails: missing mod_apreq.so and problems in t/apreq/cgi
Date Fri, 04 Feb 2005 04:42:22 GMT

Joe Schaefer writes:
> Looks to me like a libtool issue on your box;  for
> some reason the usual "mod_apreq.so" is being
> created as "mod_apreq" (does it wind up getting
> installed as mod_apreq.so?).

Yeah, it got installed just fine.

% ls -l /usr/wwwserver/apache/modules
total 1572
-rw-r--r--    1 root root          8440 Jan 31 10:56 httpd.exp
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root root        183414 Feb  2 16:46 mod_apreq.so*
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root root       1404374 Jan 31 16:29 mod_perl.so*

> I'm sure the cgi tests are failing for the same reason.

Yup! I went into env/t/.libs and made a sym link from mod_apreq to
mod_apreq.so. "make test" worked fine then.

> IIRC the prereqs we list for the auto|libtool stuff
> are the minimum versions I've tested debian against
> at some point.  If you can find newer versions for
> RedHat 7.3 that actually work for you, let us know
> and we should be able to bump the prereqs accordingly.

Yeah, I'll try upgrading libtool and report back.

FYI, the version of libtool (1.4.2) that I'm using is from /usr/bin, so this
presumably should affect all Red Hat 7.3 users....

Thanks,
Ed