httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Randy Kobes <ra...@theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca>
Subject Re: Make Test fails on Mac OS X
Date Wed, 26 Jan 2005 23:15:25 GMT
On Wed, 26 Jan 2005, Derrick Spell wrote:

> >> waiting 60 seconds for server to start: .Syntax error on line 92 of
> >> /Network/Servers/mail/Groups/Websites/libapreq2-2.04-dev/env/t/conf/
> >> httpd.conf: Cannot load
> >> /Groups/Websites/libapreq2-2.04-dev/env/.libs/mod_apreq.so  into
> >> server: dyld: /Library/Apache2/bin/httpd can't open library:
> >> /Library/Apache2/lib/libapreq2.2.dylib  (No such file or directory,
> >> errno = 2)\n
> >
> > That's the install location, which is not the right
> > place for those tests to be looking.  On linux
> > libapreq2.so gets compiled in the
> > libapreq2-2.04-dev/src/.libs directory, so you could
> > start by checking there (you must have a
> > libapreq2.2.dylib somewhere, because otherwise you would
> > have failed an earlier set of tests we provide).
>
> That's pretty much what I expected to hear.  I do have a
> libapreq2.2.dylib in libapreq2-2.04-dev/src/.libs.  So why is the test
> using my apache prefix to find this library?  I checked the httpd.conf
> line mentioned in the error:
>
> <IfModule !mod_apreq.c>
>      LoadModule apreq_module
> "/Groups/Websites/libapreq2-2.04-dev/env/.libs/mod_apreq.so"
> </IfModule>
>
> Looks like it's pointed to the right place.  Is this a reference inside
> of mod_apreq.so?  I'm stumped - I've never had a test server not start
> like this.

It may be that /Library/Apache2/lib/ is the default location
for it to look for needed libs (like libapreq2.2.dylib) when
no other place is specified. I'm not familiar with OS X,
but on Win32, an analagous problem can be solved by
adding a LoadFile directive in httpd.conf, telling Apache
to load the library (before loading mod_apreq.so) - this is
done in env/t/TEST.PL, in the configure sub, with
  if (WIN32) {
    $cfg->preamble(qq{LoadFile $env_dir_libs/libapreq.dll"\n});
  }

If you put something like
    $cfg->preamble(qq{LoadFile $env_dir_libs/libapreq2.2.dylib"\n});
in your TEST.PL, does that help?

--
best regards,
randy