httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From "Eric J. Hansen" <ejhan...@gmail.com>
Subject comma in cookie value
Date Fri, 14 Jan 2005 02:16:39 GMT
Apologies in advance as this is not a dev issues.

I need to handle a cookies whose value includes a bare comma.  Example
of the name=value is as follows:

62761POE=<aagwww1935528372764,>

Unfortunately, I don't have any control over the value that's being set, and
its causing apreq to incorrecly decode both the cookie and one that's sent
by the browser just after it.  Any suggestions on how to get apreq to parse
the cookie value properly?  (aide from not using apreq's cookie and rolling
my own...)

thanks
Eric

p.s. is it just me, or is the Netscape cookie spec ambiguous?  "This
[cookie value] string is a sequence of characters excluding
semi-colon, comma and white space. If there is a need to place such
data in the name or value, some encoding method such as URL style %XX
encoding is recommended, though no encoding is defined or
required".....  so you shouldn't use semi-colon, comma or white space,
but if you must then encoding is recommended, but not required?