httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <joe+gm...@sunstarsys.com>
Subject [apreq2] Apache::RequestRec::status overriden
Date Mon, 17 Jan 2005 17:12:31 GMT

Currently $r->status() means two different things:
it's the server's response status when $r is an
Apache::RequestRec obj, but it's the args+body parse
status when $r is an Apache::Request object.

Since both the semantics (and calling pattern) differ,
from an OO standpoint I think this is a bug in
Apache::Request (Apache::RequestRec is its base class).
Users can circumvent this bug by calling $req->env->status
or $req->SUPER::status(), but that doesn't change the
API problem here.

Any opinions on how we should resolve this?
Are there other functions in our current perl
API which have a similar problem?

--
Joe Schaefer