httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <joe+gm...@sunstarsys.com>
Subject Re: [multi-env] privatizing apreq_request_t and apreq_jar_t
Date Sun, 30 Jan 2005 00:11:45 GMT
Stas Bekman <stas@stason.org> writes:

> I find the 'env' part very unintuitive. What mnemonic you have
> attached to it? Any chance it can be something else than env? env is
> confusingly close to environ stuff.

That's what its origins are, but eventually the "_env" will probably
just go away.  First I want to finish reworking the C APIs
around Max's module/handle concept.  When that part is done,
I think that's the time to discuss chucking all the "_env" tags.

> I mention that, since every time I was trying to figure out the perl
> xs glue I was getting lost. Mainly due to that env thingy, since it
> didn't make any sense to me.

OK, but for now it's best to think of trunk's env as being a
programming environment (one for CGI, another one for Apache).
Eventually I expect it to look a lot more like DBI.pm's
handle/driver concept, but that transition will be a bit messy.

--
Joe Schaefer