httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <joe+gm...@sunstarsys.com>
Subject Re: SIGSEGV when mod_apreq2 is not loaded; void*env?
Date Sat, 08 Jan 2005 20:22:12 GMT
Max Kellermann <max@duempel.org> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I often forget to load mod_apreq2 (2.04-dev), and that results in a
> segmentation fault:

> 0xb7cda252 in apreq_request (env=0x81fa068, qs=0x0) at
> apreq_params.c:63
> 63              req->env      = env;
>
> It's hard for users to find the cause of this problem. A "real"
> error message would be appropriate.

Max, I'm wondering if it wouldn't be easiest for you to
just check apreq_env_name and/or apreq_env_version in
your application?

That's the approach (checking apreq_env_name at load-time)
we took with the Apache::Request perl glue.  Maybe we can
get away with a FAQ entry here, instead of recoding the API?

What do you think?
--
Joe Schaefer