httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <joe+gm...@sunstarsys.com>
Subject Re: Parsers test eats all the memory
Date Wed, 12 Jan 2005 23:41:26 GMT
Stas Bekman <stas@stason.org> writes:

> Joe Schaefer wrote:

[...]

>> Most likely: your --enable-pool-debug and/or APR_BUCKET_DEBUG
>> flags have changed ;-).  It's a night and day difference for
>> me: ~1.5GB vs a few MB for that particular test.
>
> Joe++ for telephatic qualities :)
>
> May be it makes sense not to do 319*319 iterations?

I feel better about the quality of the mfd parser by
doing all of the iterations.  The reason is that
we exercise most of the edge cases by doing all of
the iterations.

I've never understood why those particular apr flags
cause that test to go ape-shit.  Everything should be
tied to the pool (via cleanups), and that pool is cleared
on each pass through the outer loop.

I don't have any plans to fix this anytime soon,
but I certainly won't try to stop you  ;-)

--
Joe Schaefer