httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <joe+gm...@sunstarsys.com>
Subject Re: [apreq2] Apache::RequestRec::status overriden
Date Mon, 17 Jan 2005 18:06:08 GMT
Joe Schaefer <joe+gmane@sunstarsys.com> writes:

[...]

> Since both the semantics (and calling pattern) differ,
> from an OO standpoint I think this is a bug in
> Apache::Request (Apache::RequestRec is its base class).
> Users can circumvent this bug by calling $req->env->status
> or $req->SUPER::status(), but that doesn't change the
> API problem here.
>
> Any opinions on how we should resolve this?
> Are there other functions in our current perl
> API which have a similar problem?

$r->args is another one, though the semantic
mismatch isn't so bad there.  We could overload
"" to restore the base class semantics for $r->args(),
but $r->args('new+query+string') would still be
a problem.  Should we reparse the string and
generate a new args table in that situation,
or should we just leave our args table unmodified?
Or would it be better to simply throw an error here?

--
Joe Schaefer