httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <joe+gm...@sunstarsys.com>
Subject Re: Make Test fails on Mac OS X
Date Thu, 27 Jan 2005 22:20:39 GMT
Derrick Spell <derrickspell@cdmplus.com> writes:

> Now, I can tell you this.  As I understand it, OSX has it's own version  of
> libtool loaded at /usr/bin/libtool.  The GNU version of libtool is
> installed as /usr/bin/glibtool  and the corresponding  /usr/bin/glibtoolize.
>
> Does this help at all?

Not really, because the libtool I used to make the 2.04 tarball was
from debian linux's amd64 port (my local machine).  OS X's glibtool
doesn't factor in, unless you want to run buildconf yourself.  Only
developers using svn (trunk) should need to do that.

We have a --with-libtool flag for the buildconf script in trunk,
so feel free to test it out the trunk if you want.  I remember
someone recently tried to make it OSX friendly (search the list
archives for OS X, it wasn't more than a few months ago), so
that might work better for you than the 2.04 you're using.

--
Joe Schaefer