httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <joe+gm...@sunstarsys.com>
Subject Re: apr-related ABI issues for apreq2 packagers
Date Sat, 22 Jan 2005 20:27:11 GMT
Stas Bekman <stas@stason.org> writes:

[...]

> But they can anyway mangle the lib filename in anyway they want.
> So why even bother. I can't see how your proposals helps them in
> any way.

I'm not a package manager, so I don't care about helping them.
I care about helping our users understand the issues, and
who they should send their bug reports to.  Since mp2 is
saddled with the same baggage, if they continue to pretend
this problem doesn't affect them, I plan to direct these same
sort of C ABI bugs that our Apache::Request users will encounter
to the modperl-dev list (not the modperl-user list, because
AFAICT it's not a user-land problem).

--
Joe Schaefer