httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <joe+gm...@sunstarsys.com>
Subject Re: Some thoughts on handles
Date Sat, 15 Jan 2005 15:58:20 GMT
Joe Schaefer <joe+gmane@sunstarsys.com> writes:

> Max Kellermann <max@duempel.org> writes:
>
> [...]
>
>> - remove the second parameter from apreq_request() and apreq_cookie()

[...]

> The main reason I think the handle concept (and the ultimately the
> privatization of apreq_request_t and apreq_jar_t) is a good idea
> is because it makes the library more useful within the apache
> server itself.  Instead of keeping libapreq confined to a
> request_rec, the handle idea could allow room for the development of
> an connection_rec-based environment within httpd itself, which
> could be shared by an IO thread (#2 above) and a protocol
> filter (#1 above).

I just created apreq/branches/muti-env-unstable so we can
pursue the handle idea without destabilizing apreq/trunk.
Max, if you'd like me to review & incorporate your patches
into that branch, please put "PATCH [multi-env]:" in the
subject header and post the patch to the list.  As a general rule
we cannot accept patches for inclusion unless they're submitted
to the mailing list, so if you need to compless them or spread
them across multiple emails, please do that.

I'm believe the discussed changes are mostly API refactoring,
and should be incorporated into libapreq2 prior to release.  But
I'd rather not muck with the trunk until we can see the final
result of this effort.

--
Joe Schaefer